Sunday, September 6, 2009

First post

Hello, my name is Lisa.
This will be my third attempt at making a blog, and hopefully keeping it up. I am a stay at home mom and in my free time I like to felt, sew, bake, cook, read, garden, really try to get into scrapbooking, craft and haunt the local thrift shops and garage sales.

I figure I will start this blog by telling you a little about myself.

1. I was born in Seattle, WA, spent most of my childhood and 20's in Glendora, CA, lived in Waipahu , Hawaii and now live in Moberly, Missouri for the last 10 years.

2. I'm the oldest daughter in a family of all girls. My sister Laurs, of bee mice elf, got me started on Etsy and taught me how to felt.

3. I got married to my high school sweetheart at the age of 20, had 2 kids. Jemma and Zach.

4.
I divorced my high school sweetheart at the age of 30 :) woohoo! He is the reason we moved away from all of my family in California.

5. I married one of the kindest , most loving men of all 2 years ago in Las Vegas. I had my third child, Gavin, at the age of 39. :)

6.I change jobs a lot because I get bored, which is not good for your resume.
I have worked as a bank teller, waitress, floral designer, used recycling equipment broker, hostess, bartender,receptionist, at a mortuary, fabric store clerk, made cold calls(yuck) and lots more.
I am the same way with hobbies and crafts, my sister and I call it Craft ADD.

7. I think the women in my family may have a little psychic ability. We always know when one of us is thinking about the other, or are going to call, etc.

8.
I LOVE to read, I could spend all day curled up in a chair with a book, ignoring everyone and everything and not feel guilty one bit!

9.
I prefer alternative music from the 80's and early 90's, it is pretty much all I will listen to with the exception of Fleetwood Mac and few others. My kids think I am lame...

10. My husband and I want to leave Missouri in 5 years. I have a plan that we will buy some acerage in New Mexico or Arizona, build a couple of houses and raise alpacas, goats, horses and maybe sheep, and chickens foster dogs from the humane society and grow our own food.

2 comments:

  1. Can I live on your land? I swear you wont even know I'm there. Until I ask to eat the food from your fridge and use your television...but other than that I will be a hermit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more the merrier, you just have to help with all the furries that will be living there! ;p

    ReplyDelete